2016-2017 Annual Appeal
For nine years the North Point Lighthouse Friends have used our beautifully restored landmark as a place to educate and delight visitors from around the city and around the globe. Our former beacon of light for ships entering Milwaukee harbor has now become a beacon of identity for the city. The generous support of people like you has made it possible.
2016 was a year of many accomplishments:
- We hosted a record number of visitors;
- The keeper’s house and tower were painted and dramatic, energy-efficient LED lighting was installed on the tower;
- Eco-friendly pervious pavers were installed on the driveway and parking lot, reducing runoff into Lake Michigan.
The Lighthouse has never looked better! We ask for your continued support to raise the Lighthouse to new heights in 2017. Your contribution will help us:
- Continue to increase our visitors, including students and tourists by adding new exhibits, more public hours, and expanded marketing efforts;
- Continue our collaborations with partners such as the Urban Ecology Center, Master Gardeners, Lake Park Friends, Historic Water Tower Neighborhood, and the Milwaukee Museum Mile;
- Build upon our green initiatives including high-tech monitoring of Milwaukee County’s innovative improvements to the South Lighthouse ravine to safeguard water running into Lake Michigan and educate visitors about the effect storm water on our environment. (Please see northpointlighthouse.org/support/a-beacon-for-the-environment/ and check the “Final Fifty” box to contribute to this project.)
As 2016 draws to a close, please help us in our mission through a tax-deductible gift. Your support is vital as the Lighthouse receives no money from the city, county, state, or federal governments. Donations of $100 or more will include a family membership for 2017. We can’t think of a better gift! Please act now to keep the Lighthouse strong and proud.
With warmest regards and best wishes for 2017,
President & Director
Vice President & Director